Thursday, April 3, 2008

How I Evaluate Others

When my friends did their simulated teaching, I firstly look at the appearance. Some say first impression is important. As for me, I agree with that. The appearance such as the attire, the way people walk and speak can picture their behaviour and also their confidence. Same goes with the teacher. Students might think that the teacher is not good enough to be a teacher when his or her appearance and attire does not seem confident enough. All the gestures and speeches from teacher can be easily seen and can show they are nervous or not. I also evaluate in terms of the language teacher use and the voice projection. It must be accurate and clear enough. It is important because when I sit at the back and I did not hear the teacher’s voice it would be hard to focus on the lesson. This then will affect the good impressions and perceptions in students of the teacher. So, for me it is important to put your best appearance and use accurate, fluent language and clear voice projection in order to paste good impressions in student about you when being a teacher. Other than that, I also look at the practices or tasks they made for the students whether it is interesting and can attract the students to the lesson or not. Overall, for me, it is how the teacher handles the lesson, their appearance and the tasks they made for the students that are important to evaluate.

No comments: