Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Legend of Macbeth

This is the third movie that our class has watched if I am not mistaken. I think this film is quite interesting movie compared to the previous movies that our class has watched so far that are; Shakespeare Wallah and Pygmalion. But, one thing that I think everyone of us in the class would comment on is the violence in the film. Towards the end of the story, the scene is getting even more violent. In my opinion, it seems very real the way the head of Macbeth being chopped and flagged after that; sign of victory to the king’s son. I am so impressed of this because it seems very real. But also, it is awfully violent and gross. Overall, this story by William Shakespeare and the film director by Roman Polanski is a successful film but very much violent and can give nightmare to people who cannot see that kind of violence.

No comments: