Thursday, April 3, 2008

Title: PassionDirector: Joe HashamMain Cast: Aris Kadir, Amy Len, Steve Goh, Loi Chin Yu, Elaine Pedley, Nell Ng, Thou Chun, Dalili Azahari, Joseph Gonzales and Judimar Hernandez

On 1st of April 2008, our class went to watch a play at Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre. The play entitled Passion which has been directed by Joe Hasham. Hmm… I thought we were going to watch a play… My impression about a play is that it must have script and actions. But this play is far from that because the actors did not actually talk but they just dance. From the start till the end. I could say this is a performance. The only people that talks is the narrator which just a few lines at the beginning and a few lines at the end of the play. In the middle of the play, I was wondering when they will talk. I started to feel boring because I could not understand the storyline of the play. All the way, they just dance and I do not understand what each dances mean. So, I just predict the story and asked my friends. I think it is about passion and betrayal. I guess we should be exposed more on theatre because now I know there is such kind of theatre that does not use the script. But, I think the dance is ok because the actors danced very well and smooth. They also got the facial expression and show their emotions. This is my second exposure on watching a theatre and I hope to get more experience on it so that I would not waste anything for things I cannot get.

No comments: